[Wiki Loves Monuments] how many photos from each country will take part from European WLM

Nuno Tavares nuno.tavares at wikimedia.pt
Tue Apr 5 16:41:40 UTC 2011

For a specific category, you could have:
* 1st place - rewarded with 1st prize
* 2nd place - rewarded with 2ns prize
* 5th place - rewarded with 5th prize
* 6th place - not rewarded
* 10th place - not rewarded

If we set the voting by "weights" (like the "European Song Contest" way
of voting, but coming from each juri), the rankings are automatically
determined, so there is no extra effort with it.

By allowing submissions beyond the 5th (up to the 10th) positions, we
are increasing the chances that a contestant not winning on his country
could still win the "European" challenge.

You know me, I think all things that rely on "taste" are always subject
to be different in different contexts/countries/races/days/whatever :-)

--
Nuno Tavares
Wikimedia Portugal