[Wiki-offline-reader-l] Wiki-offline-reader-l and Emmanuel
anthere at wikimedia.org
Fri Jul 21 23:26:32 UTC 2006
For everyone information.
I am sure the static content subco could interact with those working on
the wiki-offline reader (and should register the list). Also, Emmanuel
(please meet him) is working a lot to push publishing on fr.
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Hi Everybody
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 21:35:58 +0200
From: Emmanuel Engelhart <emmanuel.engelhart at wikimedia.fr>
Organization: Wikimédia France
To: Wiki-offline-reader-l at wikimedia.org
CC: Florence Devouard <anthere at wikimedia.org>, Delphine Ménard
<dmenard at wikimedia.org>, "Łukasz Garczewski" <lgarczewski at gmail.com>
I'm Emmanuel Engelhart, member of Wikimedia France board.
I aim publishing Wikipedia in French.
We are a few persons who try to manage to do that.
I personally :
- wrote an offline-reader requirement document
- program the scripts to build the document repository
- want to build the index with Xapian (I want to try CLucene too)
I need some help to :
- make a perfect mirror of wikipedia locally, I have a problem to import all
- make a GUI over the document repository & index, I'm not a GUI programer ;
Qt, GTK, XPFE programer needed ;-)
To my opinion it's possible to present a simple offline-reader for Wikimania.
So join Wiki-offline-reader-l at wikimedia.org if you're interested.
More information about the Wiki-offline-reader-l