[Translators-l] Inspire Campaign translation request

Haytham Abulela ALY haytham.hammam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 07:15:52 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,
Is this translation request limited to certain languages? I opened the
CentralNotice banner link and it showed that Arabic was not a priority
language.
Regards,

On 23 January 2017 at 14:03, Chris "Jethro" Schilling <
cschilling at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hi Translators,
>
> I'm preparing for a new Inspire Campaign focused on bringing in ideas on
> how we can better do outreach to outside places of knowledge, and work
> together with public & private institutions, organizations, and experts to
> improve our projects.
>
> There are three pages I've marked up for translation that could use your
> help, if you're able:
>
>    - CentralNotice Banner
>    <https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-inspire_knowledge&filter=> (two
>    sentences)
>    - Landing page <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire> (about
>    ten sentences, some existing content has stayed the same)
>    - Frequently Asked Questions page
>    <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:IdeaLab/Inspire/FAQ> (full
>    page, lots of content to translate)
>
> Please feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions around
> language, need a clarification, or have a suggestion for the language on
> any of the pages for the purpose of easing translation.
>
> Thank you so much for your hard and important work.  These translations in
> these campaigns help build ideas and teams from all over the world.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chris
>
> Chris "Jethro" Schilling
> I JethroBT (WMF) <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:I_JethroBT_(WMF)>
> Community Organizer, Wikimedia Foundation
> <https://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home>

Haytham Abulela ALY

Certified member of the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British
Columbia (STIBC) (EN>AR)
<http://www.stibc.org/page/certified%20member%20directory/ezlist_member_1f249e57-9d21-47fc-8d39-11a26d993a66.aspx?_s=http%3a%2f%2fwww.stibc.org%2fpage%2fcertified+member+directory.aspx>
Arab Professional Translators' Society certified member (#10850)
<http://www.arabtranslators.org/Certification/certified_members_801_900.aspx>
Certified member at Egyptian Translators Association (EGYTA)
<http://www.egyta.com/k2-showcase/k2-latest-item/letter-h/letter-hn>
Profile on LinkedIn <http://ca.linkedin.com/in/haythamhammam>
Profile on ProZ.com <http://www.proz.com/translator/895138>

Please consider your environmental responsibility.
Before printing this e-mail message, ask yourself whether you really need a
hard copy.