[Translators-l] Tech News translators: dates in recurring items

mathieu stumpf guntz psychoslave at culture-libre.org
Fri Jan 20 10:25:20 UTC 2017

Saluton Haytham,

If you look at the documentation
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:ParserFunctions#.23time>,
non-Gregorian formating is supported. Now having a deeper look at it, it
seems that Assyrian calendar
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_calendar> is not yet in the set
of supported calendars, so a phabricator ticket should be filled here I
think, shouldn't it. I don't know what is the the ISO 639-3 you would
like to use "/aii/" (Assyrian Neo-Aramaic) or /"arc/" (Aramaic
language), but in both case it seems that localization is missing
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:Psychoslave/asiria_kalendaro> for
already provided month names.

So for the sake of the example, let's say there was a "xaF" formatting
code which would provide an Assyrian calendar full month name, then as
far as I understand, you would like to use:

    {{#time:xaF|$date1|aii||}} ({{#time:F|$date1|aii||}})

Thank you Johan for the feedback request. We have here and there
complaints when staff is argued to not take enough into account
community advises, so it seems fair to also emphasize actions when they
are done with a community feedback in the loop.