[Translators-l] Translation request for turning on the Page Previews feature on the second group of Wikipedias

Chris Koerner ckoerner at wikimedia.org
Thu Apr 13 15:44:30 UTC 2017

Hello,

I didn't wish to waste translators time by translating into a language we
wouldn't use in this round of reaching out to Wikipedia communities. My
apologies for any confusion as I was unaware that it would acutely prevent
- as in stop you from saving - translations to any languages outside the
list.

Philippe, I hope you can see by the sheer number of languages I did ask for
that I had no intent to forbid any language!  Thank you for sharing you
concerns, I appreciate the education in the nuance of language. Sincerely.

I've removed the check from the box preventing translations.

Yours,
Chris Koerner
Community Liaison - Discovery
Wikimedia Foundation