[Translators-l] Help with contacting WikiVoyage communities about breaking change to map template

Sylvain Chiron chironsylvain at orange.fr
Wed Sep 28 18:02:18 UTC 2016

Le 28/09/2016 à 18:27, Chris Koerner a écrit :
> Thanks Sylvain for the fixes. I'm embarrassed that I missed the spelling
> mistakes! :)
>
> Whatamidoing/Sherry has it right. Let me know if you have more
> questions. Again, I appreciate the help.

Then I removed ‘in’ and put the commas: ‘a month from now, on Monday,
October 24th’.
I also changed ‘Labs’ to have a capital letter each time. I’m a student
in computing but I don’t know the French for a computer lab, thus I’m
keeping the name.

I’d especially need info about translation for ‘tile service’/‘tile
server’. I used the same translation as for tiling in the Inkscape
program: the action of putting tiles (big squares in the case of a map),
but this looks a bit weird. Maybe I should use ‘Tile’ as an official noun?

I found what I needed for the Discovery department:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Discovery/FAQ

Regards,
--
Sylvain