[Translators-l] Urgent: Translating security message

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 13 09:45:18 UTC 2016

When saying "letters" if is useful to add a precision "(lowercase or
uppercase)" to hint users that letter case is significant and can be used
to strength passwords with more choices of characters.

We could optionally add an hint saying that passwords are not restricted to
ASCII only (so, letters with accents and non-Latin letters are possible as
well, including Cyrillic, Greek, Arabic, Hebrew, Hangul, Kanas, Han
sinograms...), but some users will have difficulties to logon if they use
some old browsers (or editing tools) that don't handle UTF-8 encoding
properly in their input forms or if they change to another browser or if
they want to use their account on a PC that does not have the input support
for their script on their keyboard or IME: it's up to users to test what
works for them. If they want more secure passwords, of course they should
use longer strings than just 8 characters...