[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #46 (2016)

Whatamidoing (WMF)/Sherry Snyder ssnyder at wikimedia.org
Fri Nov 11 17:44:27 UTC 2016

I apoogize for this confusion, and thank you for catching this problem.
It's the control key (ctrl-shift-k) on Windows and the command key
(propeller-shift-k   ;-)  on Macs.  And apparently "meta-shift-k" on a
Solaris box.  I have made the correction to the original but NOT
invalidated the existing translations.

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 9:25 AM Sylvain Chiron <chironsylvain at orange.fr>
wrote:

> Le 11/11/2016 à 18:19, Manuel Tassi a écrit :
> > I don't know if I understand this correctly: from the next MediaWiki
> > distribution you can create a reference in visual editor using the
> > "Windows key": do you mean the key that has the Windows symbol on it? I
> > think this is wrong, maybe it would be the Ctrl or the Alt key.
> >
> >> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News/2016/46
>
> I agree, it’s quite weird to use the OS key in a non-system interface,
> especially a web one (I thought it was actually impossible). Usually
> Apple’s cmd is used as an equivalent of Ctrl under standard PCs. ‘Meta’
> is a generic name, the right name for the OS key should be ‘Super’.
> --
> Sylvain

Sherry Snyder (WhatamIdoing)
Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation