[Translators-l] Translations requested: "showing results from"

Stryn strynwiki at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 14:23:13 UTC 2016

Hmm, there is really no easier way to translate those?

Showing results from [[:als:Main_Page|Alemannic Wikipedia]].
Showing results from [[:cbk-zam:Main_Page|Chavacano Wikipedia]]

There are many languages where I don't know the Finnish translation, so I
would need to Google them first.

Do we have system messages for language names? Like "Chavacano"?
Then if do, would only need to translate the "showing results from" part
and the rest could come from the system message? Or is it too complex?

... Ok I just found it, we have messages "
MediaWiki:Project-localized-name-akwiki/fi", can't we merge in some way
those messages?
Now we have messages for "Wikimedia Project Names" and "Wikimedia Interwiki
Search Results". I mean it just makes so much work for translators to
translate those both.
We can't use directly the messages from the "Wikimedia Project Names"
groups for interwiki search texts because of conjugates, but something like
"Showing results from: {{MediaWiki:Project-localized-name-akwiki/fi}}"
would be nice.

*Stryn*

*Suomenkielisen Wikipedian ylläpitäjä & osoitepaljastaja / Admin and
checkuser on the Finnish Wikipedia*

*Wikidatan ylläpitäjä / Admin on Wikidata*

*Meta-Wikin ylläpitäjä / Admin on Meta-Wiki*
*Ylivalvoja / Steward*