[Translators-l] Time Sensitive: 3 line Banner translation for maintenance this week

James Alexander jalexander at wikimedia.org
Mon Apr 18 05:17:44 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I apologize for the short time frame on this request but if you have a
chance it would be great if you could translate the banner I just set up
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-codfwMaintenanceSwitchover&filter=>
for
the server maintenance
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/Server_switch_2016> we will be doing
on Tuesday and Thursday this week. This banner will be linking to a blog
post about the maintenance and will be up for the 2 hours before the switch
to warn people. I've copied the text below if you'd like to just email it
to us instead.

If you have a chance you may want to look at the translation for the General
Maintenance Banner
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-Genericmaintenancenotice&filter=>
which
may go up during the actual maintenance itself (or we may just keep up the
warning one). That banner is mostly translated already but another quick
pair of eyes is always good.

Translate link:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Translate&group=Centralnotice-tgroup-codfwMaintenanceSwitchover&filter=

Text:

   - We will be performing server maintenance in less than 2 hours.
   - Starting at approximately 14:00 UTC you will be unable to save any
   edits until the upgrade is complete.
   - Please see the blog for additional information.

James Alexander
Manager
Trust & Safety
Wikimedia Foundation