[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #23 (2015)

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri May 29 15:39:37 UTC 2015

Hi,

Le vendredi 29 mai 2015, 16:18:04 Stryn a écrit :
> Yes, it's been so for a long time.

> Very frustrating, so I always have to copypaste the translations from the
> previous tech news.

Yes, unfortunately, Translation memory now fails most of the time for me. It
seems to work only for small on 1-word sentences. Copy-pasting from previous
tech news is annoying but it's the best solution I could find as well.

Le vendredi 29 mai 2015, 15:35:04 Purodha Blissenbach a écrit :

> There is a new English section line in my current translated version,
>
> but it does not show up as translatable:
> > Edit tags added by the software have been broken on all wikis since
> > May 23. [3]

It's because the line was added after I marked the page for translation. As
usual, I will finalize the text today, mark it for translation and follow up on
the list, and that sentence will become translatable.

> and there is a line
>
> > Publication of Wikimedia Tech News for week $week of $year
>
> regularly showing up on new translations but not in the translation
> memory nor in previous weeks translated pages any more, so that I
> regularly have to dig trough guessed message names so as to find it for
> copying & pasting.

I really should remove that one. It's only used as a description for the
deadline link, which is why is disappears once the newsletter is published.
It's very optional, and I didn't realize the lack of translation memory made
this one particularly annoying, so I'll remove it in future editions.

Thank you all for your comments :) Let me know if there is anything else I can
improve to make translation easier.

--
Guillaume Paumier