[Translators-l] Tech News transitioning to the CEP team

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Wed Jul 22 16:38:17 UTC 2015

Hello,

I wanted to let you know that the Community Engagement (Product) team (CEP)
[1] is going to gradually replace me as primary writer and coordinator for
Tech News [2].

When Tomasz Kozłowski (User:odder) and I started Tech News over two years ago,
I didn't think it would grow to being translated to nearly 15 languages every
week, or to being distributed to so many subscribers and community pages.

Tech News was originally created as a way to connect the two communities of
developers and content contributors, and I think it's done that job pretty
well. In the meantime, the CEP team was created, and they have a very similar
mission. They already manage very similar newsletters (like the one for
VisualEditor) and it makes a lot of sense for them to also coordinate Tech
News.

I wanted to send this email to let you know about this change, so that you're
not surprised when you start seeing emails about Tech News coming from the CEP
team. Johan Jönsson (Johan/Julle) will be the primary point of contact for
Tech News, and he'll also be working with Nick Wilson (Quiddity). I hope that
you'll be as supportive to them as you have been to me over the years :)

Which brings me to my last, and most important point: Thank you for all your
help on Tech News over the past two years. Whether you helped me draft the
newsletter, or you diligently translated it every week, or you notified your
community about upcoming changes: I'm very thankful for the time you have
dedicated to Tech News.

I'll still be around on the mailing lists and the wikis during and after the
transition, and I hope to continue to work with you on other projects.

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Community_Engagement_(Product)
[2] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tech/News

--
Guillaume Paumier