[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News summary #7 (2014)

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 7 16:33:41 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:51 PM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski
<tomasz at twkozlowski.net> wrote:
> Hello,
> the latest issue of Wikimedia's best tech newsletter is ready for
> translation at:
> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Tech/News/2014/07

Yay :)

As a sidenote, I'd like to ask people who are translation
administrators on Meta-Wiki to wait until we have a good draft before
marking the page for translation.

Tomasz and I mark the weekly newsletter for translation as early as
possible (usually on Friday), and when people mark it for translation
before that, we haven't necessarily had the opportunity to review and
simplify the content. This can lead to wasting the translators' time,
because some items are removed, and most are rewritten to use simpler
language.

It's fine to re-mark the page for translation over the week-end if
there have been minor changes to propagate, but let's please be
conservative during the week and protect the translators' time :)

--
Guillaume Paumier