[Translators-l] Ready for early translation: Tech News #36 (2014)

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Fri Aug 29 15:06:31 UTC 2014

Hi Philippe,

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> There's a bug in the source example for redirect Dog -> Animals#Dog; the
> "instead" clause incorrectly says "Dog#Dog", when it is actually "Animals"
> in the currently dispayed URL (it will now display the anchor so yes it will
> be "Animals#Dog"; and certainly not "Dog#Dog" either...

I'm afraid you're mistaken, or I'm not explaining well enough :)

Here's an example, on the wikitech wiki because it's still a few
versions behind Wikimedia wikis and therefore the previous behavior
still applies:

There's https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Guillom/Animals with
a list of sections, and
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Guillom/Dog that redirects to
[[Animals#Dog]]

If you open the Dog link, you arrive on the Animals page (as expected
of a redirect) and the address bar does show "Dog#Dog":
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Guillom/Dog#Dog

If you test something similar on a Wikimedia wiki (with the new
behavior), you'll see the difference.

So the sentence in Tech News is correct: If "Dog" redirects to
"Animals#Dog", you now see "Animals#Dog" instead of "Dog#Dog".

> Note: there's also currently a fatal bug in the translate tool; which can no
> longer mark new versions of pages: The server fails with a Fatal HTTP error
> 500:

I can't reproduce this issue, but if it persists, I recommend you open
a Bugzilla ticket with the steps to reproduce, so the developers can
investigate: https://bugzilla.wikimedia.org

Thanks!

--
Guillaume Paumier