[Translators-l] VisualEditor Translation Sprint results

Rachel diCerbo rdicerb at wikimedia.org
Thu Aug 14 13:48:20 UTC 2014

Hi all, I wanted to send a report about the VisualEditor Translation Sprint
which was launched as an online activity during Wikimania. Some great
results were achieved: you can find some highlights at [1] .

We noticed that during the translathon (possibly also because of other
translation-related events at Wikimania) several interface messages were
reviewed, like those for Traditional Chinese (zh-hant) and Dutch, and that
about 600 messages were translated. One language even progressed from 0% to
100%! So we're excited to announce that the most prolific translator is
(drum roll...) Deryck Chan! Your barnstar is on its way.

A round of applause also to all the editors who took part in this. All of
your contributions matter; and we heard from many of you in London that you
want to involve other members of your communities in similar efforts to
complete the work once you're back home, so really we couldn't be happier.
We're also quite excited that some of you even joined the Translathon after
Wikimania; interface messages in Breton, for instance, are being created
even now. Many thanks to Siebrand, Keegan and to everybody else who
supported the volunteers in the last days, including people who managed to
update the user guide before the Translathon started. Please contact our
team if you have questions or need further help with translation
activities; meanwhile you can learn more about how to get involved at [2] .

Cheers,
rachel
 https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/CEP

[1]
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor/Translathon#Highlights_from_the_Translathon
[2] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/VisualEditor/TranslationCentral

--

Rachel diCerbo
Director of Community Engagement (Product)