[Translators-l] [Wikitech-ambassadors] Please help translate and distribute: New tech newsletter (2013, week 21)

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Fri May 24 06:39:07 UTC 2013

Guillaume Paumier, 23/05/2013 14:31:
> On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Vira Motorko <vira.motorko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Good idea to have such a newsletter.
>> Bad idea to ask people to translate after EdwardsBot posted it in village
>> pumps or so.
>
> This is true. I'll do my best to reach out to translators earlier for
> the next editions. EdwardsBot can only post in one language at a time,
> but I'll try to make it more visible that translations are available
> on meta.

Is it really effective to paste such huge amounts of (English) text and
HTML on village pumps etc.? Won't you just make people redirect the bot
to a page nobody looks at to get rid of it?
Perhaps transclusion would work better, we used it in the past:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Global_notifications

Nemo