[Translators-l] Please helps us translate the VisualEditor FAQ

Guillaume Paumier gpaumier at wikimedia.org
Thu Jun 20 18:25:44 UTC 2013

Greetings,

As many of you know, VisualEditor is going to be enabled on most
Wikipedia sites in the next 2 months. Because this is a big change,
we've prepared some documentation for users.

The main document right now is a list of frequently asked questions (FAQ):
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:VisualEditor/FAQ

The main "general" part is now stable enough and ready for translation
into as many languages as possible. If you have time, please help us
translate this document so that we can better help users transition to
VisualEditor. I've started the French translation but I'd certainly
welcome help.

The "editing" part of the document is still being written and
therefore not available for translation yet; I'll send another message
when it's ready.

One important note is that you should feel free not only to translate
the content, but also to adapt it. For example, if Wikipedia in your
language has a page where people can report bugs about VisualEditor,
feel free to mention it in the translated version of the FAQ.

Another important note: The content of this page is in the public
domain, in order to facilitate its dissemination across wikis. By
translating the page, you agree to put translations into the public
domain as well.

Let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns, and I'll
do my best to answer them.

Thank you for your help,

--
Guillaume Paumier
Technical Communications Manager — Wikimedia Foundation