[Translators-l] Ready for translation: Tech news summary #25, distributed tomorrow

Vira Motorko vira.motorko at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 09:33:06 UTC 2013

By the way, it will be great if we decide at last whether we use tvars or
not, it means whether the same thing will look like
> '''[[$technews|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[$ambassadors|tech
ambassadors]]
or
> '''[[m:Tech/News|Tech news]]''' prepared by [[m:Tech/Ambassadors|tech
ambassadors]]
If we do, it will be easier to choose translations from translation memory
:)

User:Ата

2013/6/16 Guillaume Paumier <gpaumier на wikimedia.org>

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jun 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Tomasz W. Kozlowski
> <tomasz на twkozlowski.net> wrote:
> >
> > thank you for your comments and ideas; I really appreciate your taking
> the
> > time to post your thoughts on how to make Tech News better.
> >
> > As far as I know, Tech News is the first global weekly newsletter that is
> > being regularly translated into around 5-6 languages, so we're learning
> from
> > our mistakes and really blazing the trail here[1].
>
> +1 to both paragraphs :)
>
> > Using templates would, in my opinion, only complicate the matters and
> make
> > it harder for us to send the issue to local talk pages and village pumps
> > (but I think Guillaume would know more about this).
>
> It would certainly complicate things, but I think there's hope, using
> a few Lua-based tools. I'll follow up on the list when I have more
> info.
>
> --
> Guillaume Paumier

Моторко Віра

Help save natural resources - please think twice before printing this
e-mail or any attachments.