[Translators-l] Ready for translation: Tech news summary #25, distributed tomorrow

Tomasz W. Kozlowski tomasz at twkozlowski.net
Sun Jun 16 10:08:26 UTC 2013

(Apologies for possibly breaking the thread — I've just re–enabled mail
delivery from this list.)

Hi Philippe,
thank you for your comments and ideas; I really appreciate your taking
the time to post your thoughts on how to make Tech News better.

As far as I know, Tech News is the first global weekly newsletter that
is being regularly translated into around 5-6 languages, so we're
learning from our mistakes and really blazing the trail here[1].

Back to the topic, I would agree with Niklas: since we're trying not to
change things that are repeated in every issue if not absolutely
required to (though I myself have changed a couple of <tvar> recently),
it should be possible for you to use existing translations from the
translation memory. Using templates would, in my opinion, only
complicate the matters and make it harder for us to send the issue to
local talk pages and village pumps (but I think Guillaume would know
more about this).

For now, we changed the publication time to Saturday evening, UTC time,
for reasons stated by Guillaume. /This particular/ issue was published
around 8 PM UTC (10 PM Geneva time) — do you think it'll be helpful if
we tried to publish the issues a bit earlier, for instance at around 8
PM Geneva time (6 PM UTC)?

We still aim to have the issue posted globally in 24 hours after
following the publication, so this probably wouldn't change much, but
still — if that'll help you, then I guess we can think it over.