[Translators-l] Ready for translation: Tech news summary #25, distributed tomorrow

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 16 09:04:25 UTC 2013

Yes it took me about 30 minutes, but this is still a lot for something we
need to do every weekend and most of this time is spent in fixing the
formats (notably in links). This time could be divided by two, and it
should be simpler to review the translations, by more volunteers, and (more
importantly) in more languages. Most contributors, when thy comm on the
week end will just spend not more than a couple of hours, and asking them
to spend 30 minutes every week is still a lot.
As these notifications as meant to be short, very synthetic, in order to be
delivered more largely for awareness (even if all the inner details are not
translated, many people just wen to be advised, or being linked to a source
of this information within larger support discussions), the time to
complete these translations should be minimized as most as possible (we
have lots of other things to do, including in other Wikimedia projects, or
related projects, where most tech ambassadors also have work to do and need
time to do it).