[Translators-l] Ready for translation: Tech news summary #23, distributed tomorrow

Philippe Verdy verdy_p at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jun 6 01:27:00 UTC 2013

An example is the French translation that I had completed 100% just a few
minutes after receiving the notice for translation. Then it has been sent
but one translation has been forgotten in the published page and in the
notification sent to other user's pages or community pages, or emails.
Now this missing translation displays a "clock" sumbol showing that it is
desynchronized.

I don't know why it was forgotten, but it is clear that translations have
been taken MUCH too soon, not waiting any reasonnable time, while we were
still working to translate them just in the few hours after we received the
mail informing us that a new translation should be performed.

In addition, once the notifications have been sent to user by the notifier
bot, they are no longer updated on the Meta page. May be that's because I
had translated all these very soon, but the translations were missing
someone for reviewing and confirming it (the review was forgotten). For
this reason, that string now shows only the English version when all the
rest is translated.

There's something wrong in the agenda about these weeky notifications for
software updates. In my opinion the transalted notifications should be
given at least one more week before being sent to subscribers. And the
landing page should still be updated (at least for having a more complete
translation of the history that we navigate with links on top of pages.)