[Translators-l] Fwd: First usability tests on early content translation prototypes

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:18:18 UTC 2013

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Oggetto: 	[Mediawiki-i18n] First usability tests on early content
translation prototypes
Data: 	Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:18:06 +0200
Mittente: 	Pau Giner <pginer at wikimedia.org>
Rispondi-a: 	MediaWiki internationalisation

Hi,

I conducted two usability tests with two users. Sessions were half user
research (to understand current process) and half usability testing (to
check how our initial design ideas worked).

The basic design ideas worked well and we got interesting feedback to
keep exploring. Observations have been analysed in a document
<https://docs.google.com/a/wikimedia.org/document/d/1vpQPxX9AcQOKsl8YuIrF_ZruSzQkYDohMjzepIU-fWU/edit?usp=sharing>
where
a summary of the relevant findings, as well as the user recordings and
detailed observations for each participant.

I also created a public Trello board
<https://trello.com/board/content-translation-designs/51dd7e7215b12d7701002162>

with all the design problems and solutions I am considering. The purpose
is to allow it to unify the feedback I get from different sources
(users, Language engineering team, and the design team) in a single
place where anyone can access to it.

Next steps include:

   * Finding design solutions for detected issues
   * Update the prototypes to include the new ideas
   * Adapt the prototypes to other languages and recruit additional
     participants
   * Start adding information to a wiki page about the project,

Feel free to provide any feedback or ask any doubt.

Pau

--
Pau Giner
Interaction Designer