[Translators-l] Fundraising message 20212

Takashi OTA supertakot+translators at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:30:50 UTC 2012

Hi lists,

I'm working on the fundraising 2012 messages into Japanese.

1:
In [[Fundraising_2012/Translation/Ways_to_give/12]],
the source message seems as:

* Follow the on-screen directions from that point on.  You can find
more information on $waystogiveurl PayPal's page$ways2giveclose.

Should these $waystogiveurl and $ways2giveclose be used as brackets,
like composing [[PayPal's page]]?

2:
In [[Fundraising_2012/Translation/Donor_information_pages/2f]],
“In the meantime, please look at the following URL for other options
that may be available to you at this time:[[Ways to Give/en|other ways
to give]].”

has changed into

“ In the meantime, please look at the following URL for other options
that may be available to you at this time:  '''Ways to give'''.”

recently (link removed). Will '''Ways to give''' not be linked when released?
Some languages (including Japanese) do not have colons and a notation
to place noun (clause) after that. So I considered to incorporate
'''Ways to give'''
into the sentence before, if it is not a link (or even it is).
I would like to know why this change has been made, and where the actual
"the following URL" will be.

3:
In [[Landing Page and Banner messages]], the message 4b says "150 staffs",
while the message "140 employees". The fact may be in between 140 and
150 or so :)
but readers may regard it inconsistent, if both are read.

Bests,

--OTA Takashi