[Translators-l] Where to contact for mistranslations after fundraising banner launched

Takashi OTA supertakot+translators at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:34:26 UTC 2012

Thanks Joseph,

The wrong texts I saw were:

ウィキペディアは非営利組織でありながら世界の5番目のアクセスが多いウエ
ブサイトでもあります。毎月4億5千ユーザーが利用するだけあって、サーバー
費、電気代、家賃料、企画費、人件費、法律上の手続き料など他の人気サイト
と同様に費用がかかります。
(which is equivalent to
"Wikipedia is non-profit, but it's the #5 website in the world. With
450 million monthly users,
we have costs like any top site: servers, power, rent, programs, staff
and legal help.")

The wrong part is "4億5千ユーザー", which should be "4億5000万ユーザー"
(The wrong text is "400,005,000 users".)

And

これを読んでいる全ての皆様から500円の寄付金をいただけることができました
ら、この募金は一時間で終わります。ウィキペディアの活動がよりいっそう素
晴らしいものになれるように、ご協力とご理解をいただければ幸いです。
(which is equivalent to:
If everyone reading this donated $$5, we would only have to fundraise
one day a year.
Please cooperate and understand to make Wikipedia activity more wonderful one. )

The wrong text is "なれるように" in the last sentence, which should be "なるように".
---

I checked this year's "Landing Page and Banner Messages" translation
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2012/Translation/Landing_Page_and_Banner_messages/ja
But these translations are little bit different from the shown on the banner.
The biggest concern is where that wrong translation came from....

The first one should be:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Translations:Fundraising_2012/Translation/Landing_Page_and_Banner_messages/9a/ja&action=edit&loadgroup=page-Fundraising+2012%2FTranslation%2FLanding+Page+and+Banner+messages&loadtask=view

And the second one raises me a tricky question. I don't see the proper
(should be)
English original text in the "Landing Page and Banner Messages".
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2012/Translation/Landing_Page_and_Banner_messages

Anyway, thanks in advance.

--Takashi