[Translators-l] New system for notifying translators, and two new requests

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Sun May 20 11:15:17 UTC 2012

On 20 May 2012 07:24, Bojan Jankuloski <bojan.jankuloski at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot!
> One other thing. The banner on mk.wiki leads to this page
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use%20(2012)/en?utm_source=TOU_top<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Terms_of_Use%20%282012%29/en?utm_source=TOU_top>,
> i.e. has the 'en' rather than the 'mk' prefix. Is this something that will
> change automatically, once you've published the translation, or will it
> need changing somewhere manually?
>
> Cheers

Hi Bojan,

Thanks for reporting this, that was another change that needed to be made
through the Central Notice on Meta-Wiki (
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:NoticeTemplate/view?template=TOU_top&wpUserLanguage=mk),
I've fixed that now so it should take you to the /mk sub-page. One of the
issues that seems to be occurring is that some translators (perhaps the
newer ones) are marking pages as published as I imagine they think that if
they mark a page as published it will publish the page. I was discussing
this with Niklas and Siebrand (the authors of the Translate extension), and
am looking into possibly restricting who can mark a page as published, so
that only Translation administrators (or Meta-Wiki admins?) will be able to
mark the page as published, and when doing so they will be able to make
sure that everything else is done - such as the correct link in the Central
Notice.

Thehelpfulone