[Translators-l] SVG translation: qqq useful?

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 12:58:08 UTC 2012

Siebrand Mazeland, 22/06/2012 16:12:
> I thinking it may be important to have, and increase translation quality. Graphics and illustrations often contain abbreviations and such. It may be a Good Thing (tm) if those things can be annotated. The same goes for jargon, colloquialisms, and the likes.

The question is whether such documentation should be in qqq or
elsewhere: contrary to what Michael said, I don't think SVG text strings
contain variables (please correct me if I'm wrong), so the text and
context the translator sees is exactly what the reader of the image
sees; if something is unclear, it should perhaps be explained in a
legend to both the translators and the readers, not only in hidden
documentation strings.

Nemo