[Translators-l] SVG translation: qqq useful?

Harry Burt jarry1250 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:23:09 UTC 2012

Hey all.

As many of you already know, this summer I'm working on a project to
enable SVG translation via a layer on top of the Translate extension.

This is my proposed translation page [1]. Imagine the "message
definition" box in fact reads "Quantity of butter produced" and the
thumbnail image displays "Lorem ipsum dolor amet" where "Quantity of
butter produced" is displayed at the moment.

As you will notice, there is no space devoted to displaying
qqq-message-documentation; I removed it on the grounds that it
clutters the interface, for minimal benefit (you can see a thumbnail
of the image which would include the message definition string, and I
could have the image zoom when you click on it too, perhaps, in case
it was a detailed map or whatever).

Nevertheless, I am not a translator, so I'm interested in what real
translators think :)

Regards,
Harry

--