[Translators-l] Central notice re travel guide

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:56:29 UTC 2012

Michael Wolf, 24/07/2012 16:36:
> Federico Leva (Nemo) schrieb:
>>
>> Then complain with whoever set up the CentralNotice without a proper
>> translation system.
>
> It is not a question of translation yet. It is a question of information
> for translation. The translators are not informed in an adequate manner.

Correct, and centralnotices aka after-the-fact requests are not an
adequate information, despite
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham%27s_Law>.
The mistake here has been mostly on CentralNotice-managers side IMHO
(because they didn't know the translation system I'd say), but if you
have suggestions to improve the requests system or the [[TR]] page you
may want to comment on
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Translation_requests>

Nemo