[Translators-l] Special request for (European) Portuguese translation

Thehelpfulone thehelpfulonewiki at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 23:46:48 UTC 2012

Yes, you seem to have done it correct, if you have a look at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Fundraising_2011%2FTranslation%2FIsaac_appeal%2Fpt&action=historysubmit&diff=3313965&oldid=3312998
you
can see all of the changes that you made on one page.

Thanks for your help translating!

Thehelpfulone

On 25 January 2012 23:41, Maria Fernando Lisboa <
mariafernando.lisboa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have proofread it.
>
> Though I am used to perform professional proofreading, it was the first
> time I have proofread a text in Wikipedia. If someone could check if I have
> set everything properly, I would be very much appreciated.  :)
> Thanks & regards,
>
> Maria
>
> No dia 25 de Janeiro de 2012 20:24, Béria Lima <beria.lima at wikimedia.pt>escreveu:
>
> Already translated, need proofreading.
>> _____
>> *Béria Lima*
>> Wikimedia Portugal <http://wikimedia.pt>
>> (351) 963 953 042
>>
>> *Imagine um mundo onde é dada a qualquer pessoa a possibilidade de ter
>> livre acesso ao somatório de todo o conhecimento humano. Ajude-nos a
>> construir esse sonho. <http://wikimedia.pt/Donativos>*
>>

>> 2012/1/25 Jon Harald Søby <jsoby at wikimedia.org>
>>
>>>  [Just ignore this if you don't speak Portuguese]
>>>
>>> Olá,
>>>
>>> This is a request for a European/African Portuguese translation. The
>>> fundraiser team will be doing a test in some African countries next week,
>>> using the Isaac appeal. Therefore they would like to have that translated
>>> into Portuguese. As far as I understand<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_Portuguese#Local_norms_and_norms_of_reference>,
>>> written Portuguese in Africa is usually the same as European Portuguese,
>>> therefore it would be preferrable if this could be written in the European
>>> standard.
>>>
>>> The request is here:
>>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2011/Translation/Isaac_appeal
>>> It uses Special:Translate; just click "translate this page" on the top
>>> to start translating.
>>>
>>> The test is scheduled for Tuesday, so it would be awesome if it is ready
>>> before then.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jon Harald Søby
>>> Community Fellow