[Translators-l] Translations wanted for January 2012 Wikimedia Highlights

Federico Leva (Nemo) nemowiki at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 10:54:03 UTC 2012

Tilman Bayer, 11/02/2012 05:56:
> As in recent months, it is planned to announce the translations (i.e.
> those which have been completed at that point) on the general
> Wikimedia announcements list Wikimediaannounce-l, on Wednesday
> February 15. We have also started to post them as language-targeted
> updates of the official Wikipedia Facebook account, which reaches a
> large audience.

A large audience in all languages? And can you target users so that they
receive announce only in their language? Sounds awkward.
Now that we have regular updates, it would be nice to restore the
automatic sync over all wikis of
<https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Information_thread> (or
whatever was the title we used, in user space IIRC) so that information
can be transcluded in the most prominent noticeboard of all wikis, to
avoid spamming  village pumps and reach people who don't have time for
village pumps. This is how most readers of such bullettins are reached,
in my experience with WMIT bullettin.

Nemo