[Translators-l] Translations wanted for March 2012 Wikimedia Highlights

Tilman Bayer tbayer at wikimedia.org
Sat Apr 14 16:06:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

as every month, translations are wanted for the new edition of the
"Wikimedia Highlights", consisting of the most relevant information
from the Foundation's general and technical monthly reports for
February, with a short selection of other important news from the
Wikimedia movement. Please consider helping non-English-language
Wikimedia communities to stay updated on the most important WMF
activities, MediaWiki development work and other international news
from the past month, by providing a translation at
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Highlights,_March_2012

For Danish, German, Finnish, French, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian
(Bokmål), Dutch, Polish, Vietnamese, Finnish, Russian and Hungarian,
it is useful to compare the earlier translations
(https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Highlights#Previous_issues
), as the "Data and Trends" and "Financials" sections contain a lot of
recurring vocabulary.

As in recent months, it is planned to announce the translations (i.e.
those which have been completed at that point) on the general
Wikimedia announcements list Wikimediaannounce-l, on Wednesday, April 18.

We are also posting them as language- and country-targeted updates of
the official Wikipedia Facebook account, which reaches a
large audience (I have already done so for the Russian translation
that has been completed earlier today).

Many thanks!

--
Tilman Bayer