[Translators-l] Translations (de, fr, es, ja, pt, ar) wanted for Wikimedia Foundation report Highlights, September 2011

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Sat Oct 15 10:22:22 UTC 2011

I'm really not talking about Hebrew or smaller languages. I understand
that it's not important to translate everything into all languages,
even though it would be nice.

It's about choosing the right major languages. Most speakers of Hebrew
know some English; a Hebrew-speaking person who doesn't know English
very well will still be able to read that report in English with a bit
of motivation. This cannot be said about Russian speakers and AFAIK,
about Chinese, too. The Indonesian situation is probably different,
but it's an important second language for many millions.