[Translators-l] URGENT: Translations needed for Board elections

Rui Correia correia.rui at gmail.com
Sat May 28 12:04:49 UTC 2011

Hi Ryan

I have been editing Wikipedia in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Afrikaans etc
for many years, but have never translated internal Wikipedia pages.

How do I go about picking an item for translation, and how would I know if
someone else is not busy translating that specific item already?

Regards,

Rui - Wikipedia profile Rui Gabriel Correia

2011/5/28 Ryan Lomonaco <wiki.ral315 at gmail.com>

> Apparently my last few messages didn't go through to this list.  Hopefully
> this will work...
>
> With less than 19 hours until the Board elections start, there are an
> alarming number of languages where not all of the candidate statements are
> translated (seven of the top ten language Wikipedias are not completely
> translated!)
>
> * German (6 statements not translated)
> * Italian (1 statement)
> * Japanese (~8 statements)
> * Polish (2 statements)
> * Portuguese (13 statements)
> * Russian (~11 statements)
> * Spanish (13 statements)
>
> There are many more languages outside the top ten that are not completely
> translated.  We want to make sure that voters have access to candidate
> information in as many languages as possible, and your help is greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan
>
> --
> [[User:Ral315]]

Mobile Number in Namibia +264 81 445 1308
Número de Telemóvel na Namíbia +264 81 445 1308

I am away from Johannesburg - you cannot contact me on my South African
numbers
Estou fora de Joanesburgo - não poderá entrar em contacto comigo através dos
meus números sul-africanos

Rui Correia
Advocacy, Human Rights, Media and Language Consultant
Angola Liaison Consultant