[Translators-l] Wikipedia Editors Survey 2011

Klaas Van Be klaasvanbe at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 15 14:30:13 UTC 2011

Dear fellow translators,

I'm not convinced about the privacy concerning this survey and I'm not the only
one
At http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Editor_survey_feedback

are yet some other remarks. Please read them before you publish this to the
entire community.

Klaas aka Patio4it

________________________________

Anonymous?
First: CheckUsers are always able to track you so for them it's never anonymous
unless you fill them out in an Internet café...

In the personal questions should always be the option "Don't know/Don't want to
tell"
Examples:
	* "Do you have children?" - Men, including me, in certain circumstances don't
know...
	* "Monthly income" - Freelancers and criminals don't want to reveal this for
obvious reasons.
	* "Gender" - Even this may cause problems incase of 'transsexual' and
'transgender' (BTW those words are synonyms)

Patio 11:28, 13 March 2011 (UTC)