[Translators-l] Important translation request - March 2011 WMF update

Amir E. Aharoni amir.aharoni at mail.huji.ac.il
Fri Mar 11 10:42:09 UTC 2011

2011/3/11 Erik Moeller <erik at wikimedia.org>:
> The Wikimedia/Wikipedia thing is just something we'll have to live
> with, and in that world, using "Wikimedia" is the best way to avoid
> pissing off people from the non-WP projects. On the bright side, this
> is a message to the community, where the confusing branding is less of
> an issue.

Oh, now i see that the banner is only shown to logged-in users. It
makes it less bad, i guess, but i am still quite sure that not all the
logged in users know what "Wikimedia" is.

All i'm asking is that the people writing the next message keep this in mind.

http://aharoni.wordpress.com
"We're living in pieces,
 I want to live in peace." - T. Moore