[Translators-l] Der Mundo, a new crowd translation tool for the web and social media

Klaas Van Be klaasvanbe at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 17:03:02 UTC 2011

Dear Brian,

Too bad that you linked it to Facebook.

I don't like it too much. I call it 'Phishbook' and unsubscribed.

Can you link your site to LinkedIn instead or as well, please.
The latter is in my opinion:
1. More reliable
2. More professional

Thanks in advance for your attention.
If you like I can send you an invitation to join LinkedIn.

Cheers,

Klaas Van Buiten, owner of LinkedIn-group "Wikipedians";
For you better known as Patio.

P.S.
We can eventually make a subgroup 'WikiTranslators' or something like that.

Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:06:59 -0800
From: Brian McConnell <bsmcconnell at gmail.com>

Hello,

I wanted to send a quick note to let you know about a new crowd translation tool
we've developed and are beginning to test this week. It's called Der Mundo
(www.dermundo.com) and is best described as Babelfish, powered by people. You
can use it to translate any public url on the web, and to create translatable
links, such as www.dermundo.com/www.example.com/example

-