[Translators-l] where are we with the fundraiser

Michael Wolf milupo at sorbzilla.de
Sat Nov 20 13:32:33 UTC 2010

Eleri James napisa:

> The link to the appeal from both versions of the site notice leads directly to this
>   page:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/GB?utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=UKtesting1118&utm_source=2010_JA1_Banner6_GB&country_code=GB
>
> I am physically in Wales so it leads to the UK chapter donation pages. I have already had some contact with j alexander at wikimedia.org and Joseph Seddon at the UK Chapter, and hopefully, since the appeal letter now has a published Welsh version, they can assist in making the pages appear in Welsh.
>
> Sorry about the length of this message. If I were posting this to translatewiki.net I'd get a very stern sermon about separating topics into different threads!!!

I have a similar problem for Upper and Lower Sorbian. The link of the
appeal banner leads to the German version:

https://spenden.wikimedia.de/spenden/?piwik_campaign=fridayOpening&piwik_kwd=2010_JA1_Banner1_wmDE&utm_source=2010_JA1_Banner1_wmDE&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=fridayOpening

I suppose https://spenden.wikimedia.de is the site URL of the German
Wikimedia chapter.

The appeal letter has been translated to Upper Sorbian and Lower Sorbian
and even marked as published - but where? On wikimediafoundation.org I
didn't find them, either.

It seems that it is a general problem with minority languages. They are
spoken in a country which has got another official language.

Regards
Michael Wolf