[Translators-l] Translation unuseless ?

Eleri James elerijms at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 11 16:42:20 UTC 2010

Dear All,

Can someone who knows how this whole business is operating please write a short explanation of how translators should proceed if they are working in languages which are not national languages and which are in a country which has a Wikimedia chapter with a fundraising agreement. There really should be something about this on the fundraiser 2010 translation hub, otherwise we're all having to find out about this individually.

Just to say, if you're going to try to sort this out for your language, you are going to need a lot of patience.  Can anybody confirm that any non-state language has managed to get a link from a banner to an own-language page operated by a Wikimedia chapter to work in practice? It would be nice to know that it does work in practice rather than just in theory.

Regards,
Eleri James