[Translators-l] Translation unuseless ?

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Sat Dec 11 16:15:32 UTC 2010

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Paul Selitskas <p.selitskas at gmail.com> wrote:
> It must be someone's bad joke. If there's a wiki in the language and a
> banner in the language. The wiki should link to that banner. No other
> way.

It's actually pretty possible, unfortunately. :-(  As I'm sure you've
heard from other discussion on this list, the chapters have
"fundraising powers" in their jurisdiction, which means that all users
from their country get sent to their landing page.  So, although we
have a pms translation for the general (Foundation) landing page at
[[wmf:WMFJA1/pms]], users are getting sent to [[wmf:WMFJA1/IT]] (the
Wikimedia Italia page) because they're in Italy.

We *can* translate the chapter pages into other languages, so that
they're sent to the WMIT page *in pms*.  However, we have to make sure
that the chapter gives approval to have their landing page translated
first.

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 11:06 AM, dragonot at libero. <dragonot at libero.it> wrote:
> Hi Philippe, the full url is as follow:
> http://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index.php?title=WMFJA1/IT&utm_source=2010_JA1_Banner3&utm_medium=sitenotice&utm_campaign=20101211EA016&referrer=http://pms.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intrada

Thanks Dragonòt.  So that means that you're in Italy and are getting
the WMIT page, which is only in Italian right now.

Cotton, would WMIT be okay with having a Piedmontese translation of
Wikimedia Italia's donation page?
<http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/WMFJA1/IT>  If so, I'll work with
Dragonòt to get it translated and published.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023