[Translators-l] Core messages for fundraiser on meta

KIZU Naoko aphaia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 08:12:11 UTC 2010

Hello,

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Eleri James <elerijms at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I want to request the publishing of the core messages for the fundraiser again - these ones here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Fundraising_2010/Core_messages.
>
> There are now over 30 languages waiting to be published. OK so some of them only have 13 instead of 14 messages, but even so they ought to be published, given that the fundraiser has started. Is there an issue causing a delay, other than shortage of manpower?

Thanks for heading up, Eleri. I held a same question and talked with
one staffer. Besides manpower issue, currently we have issues as
follows:
- minor updates of the original (en) after translation has begun
Dear translators,  if your version is not published yet, please check
your version with the latest original. You may need aditional works:
one typical example is "optionals".
- proofread needed
In some (rare) cases, some tiny elements might left untranslated (I
confess it's my own case). Please check if your version is proofread
well.

Community associates as well other staffers work hard, as you know,
and they'd take a look tomorrow they said. Thank you for cooperation
and good faith. Let us keep our work continue to a great successful
fundraising!

> Regards,
>
> Eleri James

KIZU Naoko / 木津尚子