[Translators-l] Localizing from English style

praveenp me.praveen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 18:03:03 UTC 2010

Hi,
I think it is better to show brackets or any other symbols on message itself. Many language has a different sentence structure, so, automatically inserted (read as in English way) symbols cannot merge, with localized message. It is highly stressful to manage them with sentence (or part of sentence) structure. I afraid in this message http://translatewiki.net/wiki/MediaWiki:Watchlistfor2 it is almost impossible in Malayalam, so I am trapezing on words. If this is the case for Malayalam I am sure that all Indic languages are facing same problem, and probably many other languages.

Praveen