[Translators-l] "Staff" page recently updated

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Mon Aug 9 14:14:10 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:03 AM, church.of.emacs.ml
<church.of.emacs.ml at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 08/09/2010 09:47 AM, Mariano Cecowski wrote:
>> I see Cary is still listed as Volunteer Coordinator. Was that on
>> purpose? If not, it might be better fixed before people translates it
>> (that is, if anyone know how to 'fix' it)
>
> He's staying with us until december :)
> http://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2010-August/060289.html

Indeed, and because this translation uses a template-based system, we
can easily update the page when people leave and other people come.

> BTW: I'm having troubles translating "Public Policy Initiative" into
> German. Wikipedia's definition of "Public policy" doesn't really fit
> what the initiative is doing and also it is difficult to translate.
> Can anyone come up with a better term for translations?

I've included Sage in here -- maybe he can figure out a better way to
say it.  Sage, we're translating the "Staff" page and some people are
having trouble translating "Public Policy Initiative", maybe you can
help. :-)

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023