[Translators-l] Fwd: Updates to secure poll

Casey Brown lists at caseybrown.org
Sun Jul 26 21:53:55 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Tgr<gtisza at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is a waste of translators' time to translate the SecurePoll admin
> interface to dozens of languages, which is what most of the voting-related
> translation requests (including this one) are about. Only a handful of
> people have access to that interface, and it is quite unlikely that any one
> of them doesn't understand English. It would be nice if the voter and admin
> interface of SecurePolls could be split into separate translation groups.

Usually I'd agree with you, except that we're translating the
MediaWiki extension on betawiki so that it can be used on all
MediaWiki installations.  I'm sure there's a Hungarian wiki (for
example the Hungarian chapter) out there that might want to use this
extension, and just imagine how happy they'd be when they realize it's
already been translated by a nice person!

That being said, we might want to provide this option.  I'm CCing
Siebrand so he can tell us if this is an option.

--
Casey Brown
Cbrown1023