[Translators-l] [Wikitech-l] An update on localisation in MediaWiki

Siebrand Mazeland s.mazeland at xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 1 01:06:14 UTC 2008

Hi Wegge.

Too bad you appear to be not willing to be more specific (my interpretation) and enter a dialogue. If you would come to *any* platform to address specific your concerns, I am certain that you would find that we are *very* open to any concerns.

As I already explained: i18n is for developers, L10n is for translators. If you choose to be a developer, why do you choose to translate!?

Repeating myself:
*Localisation or L10n - the process of adapting the software to be as familiar as possible to a specific locale
*Internationalisation or i18n - the process of ensuring that an application is capable of adapting to local requirements

Please acknowledge that I do not wish to depreciate your efforts in any way. On the contrary: I value *and* appreciate *any* contribution to MediaWiki localisation.

Kind regards,

Siebrand