[Translators-l] [Web community] Invitation to join Wiki-translation

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:25:38 UTC 2007

Hi Wikimedia translators,
on behalf of Alain Desilets, <Alain.Desilets at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>, I
forward his invitation to a new wiki and translation related
community, named Wiki-translation.

Before his own words, let me introduce Alain (some of you may know him
as a professional  translator or WikiSym organizer). He is a Canadian
translator and gave a talk at the last Wikimania, where we met in my
Birds of Feather about translation on and around wiki.  BoF was
interesting with several inputs ... including his prolific ones. As
one of its result, we have held a general discussion place for wiki
and translation, which we'd introduce on this email.

The community newly launched will focus on how and what is doing
translation on wiki: it is not same to do on your laptop alone ... it
has many unexplored potential, technically, sociologically or even
economically. We'd like to dig those wiki-editing translation
particularity, in interaction with many types of wiki editors, of
course, including MediaWiki/Wikimedia translators.

Your participation will be warmly welcome :)
Cheers,