[Translators-l] Fwd: [Board Election 2007] Final list of candidates

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 18:39:46 UTC 2007

Hello,
Please consider to translate it into your favorite language(s) and
post to the other Wikimedia mailing list. This announcement was
originally posted to foundation-l some hours ago.

If you are too occupied to do so, please make a summary (for example,
candidate list + upcoming schedule) and post anywhere you think
appropriate. I put a brief summary on my Japanese blog for my own
reminder ...

Cheers,
Aph

------
Dear Wikimedians,
Thank you for your interest in the Wikimedia Board Election for 2007
[1]. Last Saturday, June 23, we closed the acceptance of candidates
and community endorsements for those candidates. From the 18 people
who entered this election for three seats of Board of Trustees, we are
glad to announce that 15 candidates are validated (they received the
required 12 endorsements or more and have confirmed their identity
[2]) and will show on the upcoming voting.

The candidates who will be appearing in the upcoming voting [3] are:
 *Ausir (Paweł Dembowski)
 *Danny (Danny Wool)
 *DragonFire1024 (Jason Safoutin)
 *Eloquence (Erik Möller)
 *Frieda (Frieda Brioschi)
 *Kate (River Tarnell)
 *Kim Bruning
 *Kingboyk (Stephen Kennedy)
 *Michael Snow
 *Mindspillage (Kathleen Walsh)
 *Oscar (Oscar van Dillen)
 *UninvitedCompany (Steve Dunlop)
 *WarX (Artur Jan Fijałkowski)
 *Yann (Yann Forget)
 *^demon (Michael "Chad" Horohoe)

The votes will be accepted in 10 days and closed on Saturday, 23:59
July 7, 2007. The voting will be open for 10 days and closed on
Saturday, 23:59 July 7, 2007. Details will come very soon.

We are now planning to be We would thank everyone who helped spreading
information about this Election as well as the community members who
have been involved to this point. In the upcoming elections, we are
excited that many more Wikimedians will have the opportunity to
participate.  This is a unique opportunity to have a voice in the
future of the Foundation.

Finally, we would like to wish all of the candidates the best of luck
in this election and thank them for their willingness to serve the
community.

Sincerely,

Wikimedia Board Election Steering Committee 2007,
Aphaia
Jon Harald Søby
Newyorkbrad
Philippe

-----
URLs:
[1] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/en
[2] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Endorsements/en
[3] http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Candidates/en
* In many languages equivalent contents may be available.