[Translators-l] Election Translation

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 12:26:06 UTC 2007

Hello,
thank you for your help, always.
I am grad to see the Board Election 2007 has been helped by many
translators.  In my opinion, this forthcoming election is really
important - we haven't ever seen three seats replaced. It could cause
a significant change of the Foundation governance, and for us the
community it is a big issue to face such a possibility of big change.

Currently we see 17 candidates. All submitted approx. 1200 character
length statement.

Today, the last day of the candidate accpetance,  almost complete sets
of candidate statements are available in some languages already.
That is, Czech, French, German, Spanish, Dutch and Norwegian.
Proofread of those language versions will be welcome.

In some languages, translations are still ongoing: Japanese, Italian,
Portuguese  and Finnish. If you can be capable in those languages,
please help it out.

It is great we have already so many language versions, even before the
acceptance isn't closed. Again thank you for you all, translators!

In those languages, translations just began, and needs your help:
- Russian
- Chinese
- Turkish

And for other languages translation doesn't seem to start. Your help
will be welcome.

Please give a look at [[m:Board elections/2007/Candidates/en]] and
consider to help it out.
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Candidates/en

Also this page will be helpful:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Board_elections/2007/Translations