[Translators-l] "Wikimedia Foundation Website translators' FAQ"?

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 02:37:35 UTC 2006

One idea about the Wikimedia Foundation website: if we have a document
or a series of pages which indicates what and how often the Foundation
website translators do or are expected, where we are working, even if
it is veery short, is it helpful for us?

Not only seeing many account requests whose submitters thought they
would be working on the site directly (oh no ... never ... since we
need stability for public relation) and saying (precisely c&p-ing)
"eh, but ... we are working on meta?" like comment, but also just
after contacted one possible translator, this idea struck me.

How do you think? We need "WMF website editing/translating for
dummies"? Or not? (I am never elitist, and we need translators, but at
the same time I am aware good faith isn't sufficient to really do
something in some cases and that is the case in my opinion).

--
Kizu Naoko
  Wikiquote: http://wikiquote.org