[Translators-l] Wikimania 2007 - bidding process - deadline and process reminder

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 17:09:47 UTC 2006

Hi all,

There is much activity on the "unofficial" bids for Wikimania 2007,
which is great, but none of the bids are "official" yet.

It would grandly help if those who *really* intend to present their
bid to the jury moved their city bid to the "official list" so that we
know which bids are being pursued.

For the first round, remember that we are aware that this is a *work
in progress* and will need fine tuning, so do not be afraid to put up
an official unfinished bid.

I remind you all that the deadline is September 10th to make an
official bid. No bid will be accepted as official after this date. For
those of you who have hidden bids (I know there are some out there),
please *do* make those public as soon as possible (ie. today would be
great), it is very annoying both for the jury and the other
participants to see a bid springing out of nowhere at the last minute
and you are keeping potential helpers out by hiding your bid in a
corner.

Again, making a bid official does not prevent you from working on it,
and bids will not be considered as "finished" until the very final
deadline of September 24th, we know that it takes some time to get
final approvals and fine tune things and deals.

Thank you and happy bidding!

Delphine
PS. Dear translators, thank you for translating this for the relevant
local lists.

--
~notafish