[Translators-l] Scholarships for Wikimania

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 20 03:41:37 UTC 2006

On 6/20/06, OTA Takashi <takot+wikimania at sfc.keio.ac.jp> wrote:
> Turned out that's not, I say, we have a little bit much task. Just a
> little bit, something like "how many characters would be in Japanese
> for 200 English words" or "should we put a notice saying that a
> Japanese who has a machine readable passport does not need a visa for
> short stay in the US?" or so ... :)
We can modify that part "XXX words in the language you choose".
Including English, of course. Now I hereby propose that. Comment?

The same problem we faced on Election 2005, and then, we set the rules
for candidate address length so,  In my rough experiment, 200 words in
Japanese (with kanji, of course) didn't  more nor less expressive than
so many words in English.

--
Aphaia
aka